Friday, May 9, 2014

Faith & Trust

The most difficult decisions are the ones that concern the future and involve termination.

I remember the time when I had to make up my mind whether to continue my studies or terminate them. There were no external pressures on me to either continue it or not. It was entirely my own decision and personal choice about which I struggled for over a year. At that time, I already had a family, small kids and a job. Continuing the studies was extremely difficult but I could have still continued had a tragedy not taken place in my life. I had to take a break to be away from home and university and after six months, when I came back, there was a constant internal struggle where mind kept interrogating me about my life pattern. I questioned the reasons for taking time away from my kids and devoting it to get a degree for personal gratification. Finally, I made up my mind and quit my studies. I have never regretted my decision. Many have questioned me if I have ever looked back and wished that I should have given two more years, finished my studies and furthered my career. Without any hesitation I've always replied and my answer has been the same every time. I made the best decision under the given circumstances and that was the best one for me because I have a firm belief in my faith.

In life, we face situations when our hopeful decisions go wrong over time or we have to take undesirable decisions to avoid long term pain. That is the time when one needs to put full faith in God.

Taking a personal decision is difficult enough but it's nothing compared to the one that one has to make for someone else. It's an honor but a grave responsibility when someone else trusts you enough to let you decide for them. Uncertainty of future scares you and on top if it, you do not want the trustee to get hurt by a decision you make. This trust between people is a beautiful thing. It is based on a relationship. Love and sincerity strengthens this relationship and breeds trust. When you love someone and trusts them to make a decision for you, then you accept the outcome with full faith, even when the results are not according to the expectations.

Faith is the strongest factor that gets one through all. Faith is built on trust. When we trust someone or vice versa, we put faith in their judgement. As humans, we are weak and our knowledge and abilities are limited. On the other hand, trusting Almighty brings peace in life because we trust Him with the firm belief that He knows everything. He owns everything. He alone knows what's best for us. He loves His creation and He never lets us down when we put our trust in him. No matter who makes the decision for us, we or a trusted human being, we ultimately put trust in our God Almighty to pick the best for us. We do the effort, make the decisions, take the steps and then accept whatever He sends our way.




No comments:

Post a Comment