Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mama Said!

Mama said, "I fought for you but destiny won!"
My naive mama!
She's a typical mama, always trying to save and protect her children.

Mama said, "Only if parents could write their own children's destiny....!"
Ah my innocent mama!
She's like any other mama always ready to shield her children.

All mothers are alike, all loving mothers, I mean. They are made of sacrifice, love, concern and generosity. They give birth to another life by sacrificing their beauty and youth. They nourish that life with their own blood and flesh. They clean the dirtiest of diapers without a complaint. They stay all nights without a wink. They feed, they take care ....do everything for their children without any expectations. They don't keep record or account of their deeds. No one asks them to do that! They do it out of love for the kids.

Time changes, needs alter as the kids grow up but mother's love does not change. She's still willing to sacrifice. She's still ready to shield and she's still there to do anything and everything for her kids. The problem is...she CANNOT! Now the children are able to take care of themselves. They can do their own things.

Mom is still needed. Her love is still wanted, but in another capacity. It's time for her to let go. She can no longer hold her child in her arms to protect from all harms. She has to step aside to watch her child stumble, fall, get up and try again. There are times when the fall might be fatal. She can advise, she can offer a hand but she has to let her child make the choice.

So, I tell my mama...
"Mom, you did not loose. Destiny bowed down to you. You gave me training and your legacy. You gave me wings. Destiny showed me ways to soar high on those wings."

"No mom, you do not want to write my destiny because deep down you know that if you could, you'd never let me go. You know in your heart that you had to open your hands and loosen your grip to let me fly and discover new heights on my own."

This life is a gift from you. Every achievement is a tribute to you. Every breath is a debt to your selfless love. I flew, my mom... I flew, am flying and I will keep on flying. I'll flutter those wings you gave me and try my best to reach as high as I can! If I fall, I'll gather my wits and try again. I don't know and neither do you, how far would I fly! The height does not matter. The fall does not count. What matters is the flight and how I fly!



No comments:

Post a Comment