Sunday, May 28, 2017

I pray




I pray


I raise my hands to pray ...
I think of all my wants ...
What am I going to ask?
What and how much?
What is at the top?
But then ...
How can I ever ask?
My needs are so vast ...
Where am I going to start?
For every breath I take ...
For every heart beat ...
For each and every step ...
I have to turn to Him.
Am I going to discard?
As I got it all in the past?
I am at a loss ...
As I raise my hands ...
There's a thunder in my thoughts!
What am I going to ask?
I tremble when I think ...
Of all my own doings!
And I tremble at the thought ...
What if He checked and asked?
Of all His benefactions!
I tremble at this thought ...
And then ...
This is ...
All that I can ever ask ...
"Forgive me, my Lord!
Forgive me and my kin.
Forgive me and forgive ...
O my Most Merciful God".

Shamsa Anwar





No comments:

Post a Comment