Thursday, September 18, 2014

Her Surprised Decision



Sixteen years and three children later, he said to her...
"Yes, I am having an affair with another woman.
Don't be a conservative...go find an interest elsewhere!"

She stood rooted though he had pulled the rug from under her feet.
She fought, pleaded, reasoned, argued....and said in the end...
"Marry and make an honorable woman out of her. 
I cannot see you sin. 
For me, there can be no one if not you. 
I will not get a divorce....
I want to keep the door open for the father of my children."

She learned the basic difference in the natures of man and woman.
She had given him all. He was her everything. 
He had everything, yet he wanted some more.

She had never imagined that she would share her husband with another woman but that day, she made a decision that even surprised her. 




3 comments:

  1. Is this something from your own life?

    I think in these circumstances a clean break would be best - for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is not me (million thanks to Almighty, and I'd not wish the situation on my worst enemy). Someone I knew. Actually two women took such decisions. One was a housewife and the other a career woman. Both considered separation and/or divorce but in the end, opted to stay back in the marriage for the sake of children.
    I personally think a break up is preferred by when I reflect on their choices, I can, sort of, understand the emotional dependence and attachment. They were both strong women and their decisions shocked me at the time. Like I've always said and maintained, human psychology is very complex. Many times, the actions and decisions come as an absolute shock to the very person taking those steps, as well.

    ReplyDelete