Monday, September 22, 2014

"I Love U"



"Your husband will probably kill me but I have to say that I fall in love with you a little bit more, every time I hear you."
I heard him say the words to me. 
It was not the first time I was hearing such words. 
I knew they were harmless words of appreciation.
I had just ended my speech regarding God, so no way, he was disrespectful or flirting....
Still, the words made me pause for a second.

How easily we use these words now a days. Not just words of love but of hate, as well.

In the East, the words "I love you" used to be very sacred. The first time I ever uttered those words were for my husband after marriage. No, I never used them for even my parents or siblings as there was no need for it. The love I shared with my family was so deep and practical that it did not have to rely on words for self expression. The actions said it all. Same was true for friendship. 

I did use them for my husband because that kind of love was unique and needed special expressions. It was a relationship like no other and the one that did require explicit declaration of love, though, in the East, even that is often expressed shyly, in the privacy of a bedroom only.










2 comments:

  1. At the moment my girlfriend and I are, um, having "problems". This is a recurrent thing. I told you about what happened to her once upon a time and it left permanent scars. She can't believe that anyone actually could love her despite what happened to her (and the people who raped her told her it was her own fault for wanting it). So my love for her (and she is the only woman for me; I'm 43, I know my mind) is impossible as far as she is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, only she knows the exact extent of mental and physical pain she endured. Of course she funds it hard to bekieve in love and trust.
      I'm so happy that you are there for her, though you, too, have to be extremely gentle, patient and understanding with her. I know your views on institution of marriage, but perhaps a legal acknowledgement of your love might help bring in more security into the relationship (just saying)

      Delete