Friday, September 12, 2014

THE CHASE


She smiled a lovely smile at me...
But once she got my attention...
She mocked, teased and ran away!

Insulted, shocked and daunted...
I took on her pursuit, bewildered...
How come she was running away?

She was mine and I was hers...
Surely our fates were entwined...
How could she throw it all away?

I ran and ran, after her, obsessively I ran...
Like a passion, I followed her...
She had to know, I wasn't going away!

She turned around and came to me...
Smiled that capturing smile of hers...
And murmured, "Who was running away?"

She put her arm around my back...
Whispered, "Darling, I'm your destiny ...
Look back and see how far have you come away!"

I turned around, acknowledged and smiled...
She whacked me then and sprinted ahead...
"Come, I have to take you far far away!"







No comments:

Post a Comment