Wednesday, October 1, 2014

ASTONISHING MOMENT

WHEN YOU STAND UP FOR YOUR VALUES & TRUTH




We were in line at the airport to board the plane after Hajj.

The Airport security man was pushing, every woman and man in line, by a harsh shove of his hand and a yell to move forward.

It was my turn when I saw my husband step forward, point a finger at the man and say,
"You better not lay a finger on her."

The man looked confused and I froze in terror.
I grew up in Saudi and had known it to be a strict police state.
Saudi authorities were notorious for throwing people in jail for anything small they found provoking. This man here, looked so rude and was already behaving rashly.

My husband is usually a very easy going man who rarely raises his voice. His reaction had caught me in total surprise. I had no clue what had overcome him. 
All these thoughts crossed my mind in a fraction of a second.
I heard my husband repeat to the man caught in shock,

"I'm telling you, you better not touch her."
My heart missed a beat. I was sure of the doom that awaited. I closed my eyes, clenched my jaws, dug the nails in my palms to get prepared for the worse.
The next minute the impossible happened.

The man stepped aside and let me and my husband pass with a silent astonishment.







No comments:

Post a Comment