Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Who can resist that Full Moon?

The Spell of A Full Moon!

The legend runs that a full moon brings out the animal spirit in humans. 
Well, by that definition, I must be a Chameleon! 
Over the years, I've experienced strange emotions run through me while gazing at a full bright moon. At times, I've felt like a deer caught in headlights, frozen at the spot by its dazzling luster. At other times, I've come closer to sprinting like a cat in its magnetic pull. Sometimes, I've gone wild in my imagination as a lion in its daring illumination. 
There were moments when I've wanted to dance like a peacock holding my head high with dignity in its graceful light or stretch my neck to the limit and howl at it like a coyote. And yet, at numerous other times, I've found inner peace like a dove in its pure whiteness...
The thought crossed my mind that either I'm a shape shifting animal or else a Chameleon. But then it dawned on me! The full moon sure brings out an animal in all of us...The Human kind! It brought out my inner self, my raw emotions! It introduced me to who I am!

Regardless of whether I wanted to sing, dance, howl or meditate under the full moon, one thing was for sure. It has never failed to enchant me and that made me think of its relation with and effect on humans.

Moon has always fascinated human fancy. Civilizations as diverse as Mesopotamians and Japanese have worshiped moon as a deity while strong faith systems like Judaism and Islam still  set their calendars according to its cycles. Societies disagree about its gender but each year, millions of infants regardless of gender are named after it, across the globe! 

Seems like no one can escape the magic of a full moon on the fourteenth of a lunar month. It's magnetic pull not only disturbs the ocean waves but also plays havoc on emotional minds. Lovers go crazy, poets run out of ink and painters find heaven in its soft translucent rays.

What is it about this enchanting beauty that catches human attention?
It's nature!
Its nature calling us to look around and find ourselves!
A glance at a full moon is a break from common routine that lures us to pay a little more attention to the nature surrounding us. It's a relief our spirit needs to cleanse itself of artificial regularities. We might forget to pay closer attention to nature, but like a loving mother, she never forgets us. Like a proud heiress, she doesn't shout at us. Instead, she dazzles us by her jewels and remind us to be humble and human.

No comments:

Post a Comment