Friday, August 30, 2013

Life as I know it!

LIFE AS I KNOW IT!
Behind the Colorful Blooms
I love my life!
Before you jump to any hasty conclusions and form some colorful opinions green with those envious streaks, let me tell you that by no means I've had an easy life. Over the years, I've had my share of heart aches, heart breaks and heart burns (I swear, they did seem like heart attacks at the time!). Yes, life has not been bed of roses or even of tulips for that matter but I still love it.

I treasure every heart ache, break or burn (mistaken as attack) and cherish them deeply because they made me who I am. Life kept raising the bar to test my metal and I kept on pushing myself to pass those exams. I thought it was life's doing but at the end I realized that it was I, who was setting the limits. I was the one enrolling in those classes, participating or skipping those training exercises or preparing or delaying the examination rooms. True, there were many pop up quizzes and exams along the way (too many to my dismay), but their inclusion was very clearly stated in the syllabus handed out right in the beginning along with the warning that they would show up at the most unexpected of times.
I used to get surprised, baffled and bewildered by unexpected problems that life kept throwing at me in those pop up quizzes or even during scheduled examinations. My frustrations used to know no limits at getting a failed grade after answering every question according to the textbooks. I remember the disappointments at seeing others get the highest marks and positions without any effort, merit or calibre. Life looked so complicated that I would almost come close to not loving it at those times.

Notice that I don't use the word hate because I can never hate life. No matter how cruel, how ruthless, how aloof it may appear at times, I will always love my life because I've come to terms with it. I will never be able to tame it but now, I understand it's nature and my own dependence and attachment to it. It's my need, it's my choice. And it is mine. I will live my life because I love my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment