Friday, January 9, 2015

My Love Story




"I have been searching for past three years.
I have seen her in my dream.
I am not leaving until you say yes."

A few weeks back, she had seen me at my grandma's funeral. She was my aunt's neighbor. She waited for a grace period and then visited our house with her daughter and my aunt as she knew that my father had to go back to Saudi after his two week's vacation.
She visited again, a couple of days later, with her younger son and daughter.
She said, "Our family knows your's. We both belong to well known families. I've seen her in my dream. She's going to be my daughter in law. You can inquire all that you want, but I'm not leaving until I hear your yes, about my older son's proposal for her".

My parents panicked. Didn't know what to say. My uncle said close your eyes and accept the proposal. He had seen the guy grow up since childhood.

My dad came with my uncle to my room, handed me two pictures and asked my opinion.
I stole a shy glance at the pictures, in which the young man stood so far away that I could not even make out his features in that hasty glance but I knew right away....he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
I told my father, his wish was my command.

Within five days, I was engaged to a man,
I or my parents had never seen or met in life.

Shamsa Anwar










https://plus.google.com/109693724428773152681/posts/ZjmVZPUUko4

No comments:

Post a Comment