Friday, January 9, 2015

Don't know what to do!


DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
I just received a phone call from a woman, I barely know.
She was crying and wanted advice on what to do with life.
She has been living with the father of her kids, for a long time.
He had promised her a marriage that has yet to see the day.
This afternoon, he raised his hand on her and stormed outside.
She knew that after some time, he would be back, late at night.
There would be tears but then making up, to set the things alright.
It was a norm and nothing wrong as he was with the might.
She never had the guts to stand and always took it all in stride.
But something changed, shook her up and made her call out for help.
Today, her son, the three year old, had seen his father raise his hand.
She had to stop but did not know how she or he was going to change.
She needed help and wanted to know, how to work things out with him.
I tried convincing her to find a way of leaving him, for he wasn't going to change.
She sobbed a lot and kept on repeating,
"I don't know how or what to do. I want him and I love him."
                                                                                       Shamsa Anwar.

3 comments:

  1. I understand that feeling of helpless love, no matter how the other person treats you, no matter how much real friends tell you to leave. Your advice won't have any effect on her. How do I know? I know because I have been through that. Men can love women who treat them badly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Bill, I actually know someone whose wife used to beat him but fortunately therapy worked for them and they are now living peacefully with three children.
      We hear about battered women but society still keeps mum about battered men.
      Love is a strange thing. Human psyche is strangest!

      Delete