Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sleepless Nights!

Why is it that I fight the urge to sleep?
What keeps me away from the comfort of sleep?
Way too tired...true...beyond the point of exhaustion...
I should go to sleep!
Why don't I?

Am I weird?
But wait!
I observe this phenomena all across the globe!
I don't know if they are tired or not but I do know they work hard, yet, they are up till the wee hours at night!
How I know?
Thanks to social media!
I see my friends on line three, four in the morning and I wonder, what's going on?
What has taken our sleep away?

Again, I don't know about others, but I can reflect on my own thoughts.
I don't want to hit that bed ...
Because...
It will mean an end to another day!
It's like I'm denying the fact that today is gone!
No, it's not because another day in my life has shortened.
No, I'm not that scared of getting old or dying, etc. It will happen with the will of God whenever and however it's decreed.

I do not want today to end...
Because...
Tomorrow will be another whole new day of all new hard work, effort and tiredness!




No comments:

Post a Comment