Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crowd of Strangers around me...

I love being part of a sea of human faces.
Many abhor the idea of being in congested crowds. They feel suffocated among strangers but not me, I love crowds.

Even in those moments when I have felt very out of place, there has always been a sense of belonging. In that way, I have never, really ever felt completely out of place or detached from anywhere. One of the main reasons that I've always found any corner of the world very welcoming and comfortable.

I love people. I love them as my fellow human beings. To me, we are all connected and impact each other's lives with every decision, action and step we take. This sense of connectivity makes me comfortable with other humans. It does not matter whether I speak their language or share their culture or not because humanity has it's own code and a way of communication. 

Complete strangers may wish you a good day and smile at you like in America or they may give you a stern stare in return of your own smile like in Western Europe. They may shy away like in Indian sub continent or giggle awkwardly like in China....they all may act very differently, yet there are some very basic social and ethical human codes that everyone understands. A genuine smile, a rude tone, a lustful stare, a snobbish air, etc. are understood and recognized across nations. We are never complete strangers because familiarity is always an introduction or a stare away.

It fascinates me being in a crowd among strangers. Not only I feel as if I'm a wave in the ocean but also I feel something way more powerful. That is the time when I become very conscious of my own faith and belief!

The only One who is closest to me in a crowd of strangers is my God. I put complete faith in Him in those moments. Not that I intentionally put myself at risk, but I know that He is the One who has created everyone and will look after each under all circumstances. He has a plan for everyone. I look at uncountable faces around me and marvel at the creativity of my Lord who created such fine species and then granted it the ability to make decisions that form destinies. I shudder at the painful reality of how some abuse this ability to torture, degrade, insult or suppress other creations including fellow humans, but at the same time I am impressed by the achievements, advancements and discoveries of others.

I feel, yet fail to fathom the full extent of the impact of all those strangers on my own life. I know their lives are joined with mine like waves are connected in an ocean. Of course I would and could never know each one, yet, I share that moment with them by being present, breathing and coexisting right then and there.


No comments:

Post a Comment