Friday, October 11, 2013

Keep That Tushy CLEAN!

Today I was at a Faith & Health conference when the subject came up.

I remembered filling my water bottle earlier while ignoring the stares around me and trying to suppress a smile.
Happens all the time!
Every time I go to the restroom & fill the water bottle to take with me to the toilet, I get the stares. Some ladies try to be inconspicuous but majority cannot hide their curiosity.
At the conference an RN asked me why did Muslim women always carry water bottles to the restrooms with them.

I had to explain that all Muslims have to wash their privates after every toilet use. 

My first relief whenever I visit a Muslim country is to find water supply and the container in the toilets. I'm surprised that West has still not caught on to the idea which prevents many gynecological problems. I'm glad that lately, at least sanitary wipes have become more common in use.

The topic brings an incident to mind.

All Muslim toilets have a water container for this purpose. Since I live in a non Muslim country, I put the container used to water the plants in my powder room. One of our overseas guest, after a a visit to the toilet, remarked that he felt like he was watering the flowers using that container....hahaha :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment