Thursday, October 3, 2013

Working Hard to Make it Easy!

Someone said to me yesterday that things come easily to me which made me wonder when did things ever come easily to me?  

Yes, I'm extremely grateful to my Lord for the place where I'm today but I have worked very hard for it. No one knows how many times I've stumbled and fallen flat on my face. I've not kept count of the number of times I had to pick up pieces of a broken heart and start all over again. True, people have let me down over and over but then, there is my God who has never ever let me down. He is the only one who granted me everything. I've always put my faith into him. With each failure, I've gotten up with a new zest and zeal with this sense that I have to give account to my Lord one day. He is going to ask me, "Shamsa, I gave you the potential, the capability! So, what exactly did you do with it?".

That fear of failing to show a good use of my capabilities to the One who supplied them to me, is the driving force behind my endless strives. Who ever said life was going to be a walk through the garden? I'm not here on vacation in this world. It's a trial ground for me. Each and every minute counts and is precious. There's no room for slacking because the journey is very short and temporary. I have to make the best use of my time. So what if sometimes somethings don't come through? There is so much more to pick up! So what if people let me down? They are not the core reason for the steps I take or decisions I make. It's not their pleasure I seek. My goal, my focus is my Creator's pleasure. He gifted me with this life and it belongs to him alone. My duty is to live it properly and in the best way using all my faculties.

So yes, it does look like things come easy to me but only because I make things easy for myself by non stop working hard. The relentless practice makes it easy at the end but requires patience and effort. The world doesn't see the failed attempts or clumsy tries. It sees the end result. It sees my achievements but what it does not know is that I'm not creating this work for this world but for the world after!

No comments:

Post a Comment