Sunday, October 6, 2013

Why, I ask?!


Tuesday, August 27, 2013.                           US GETS READY TO STRIKE!


I watched in horror, my eyes glued to the screen, listening but not hearing anything as a heaviness descended upon my heart.
I heard the news about US getting ready to strike Syria if the order comes and my senses went numb. So, finally, it has come to this, I thought!

For sometime now, I've been hearing calls for and against US involvement. The recent use of chemical weapons on civilians including children has the whole world in uproar including Iran who has publicly condemned it.

All said and done, who let all this happen?
For months and years we are all watching the devil wreck havoc in Syria. No matter who is working for whom. It is the civilians and innocents that are paying the price with their lives. Who was supposed to be their protector? Who was supposed to be their leader? The whole country is in turmoil. Who was supposed to contain this situation?I hear some blame the external forces. My question is that who let those external forces to sneak in, find root and find strength?

Every country is vulnerable at some level and that is why the institutions like leadership, military, army, security and such, are founded. What is the use of financing such institutions if they cannot handle and manage their own internal affairs? Isn't the sole purpose of their existence the guarantee of peace, safety and protection of the civilians. What is their job and function if the civilians are suffering such cruelty? Before you blame the governments, please tell me if the people in government do not belong to the country as well! It is not as if they come from outside to rule these places. Why are they not sincere to their own roots?

WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment