Sunday, October 6, 2013

Watch Where You Are Going!


Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pay heed to where you are heading!
A GREEN SIGNAL!
It was an early winter morning. The roads were clear but everything else was covered in white snow that was dumped by the angry storm that passed through the area the previous night.

I had in the past stopped at that traffic light so many times that my foot automatically hit the break at red and the accelerator at green without any thought. Not only this, out of habit, I'd take a turn without any conscious notice just like those habitual turns one takes on familiar roads with no mental effort!

May be it was the magic of that virgin white snow! May be it was the presence of that camera within my reach! Or may be it just happened without any obvious reason, but that day for the first time I noticed the sheer rise of the hill right in front of me blocking the advance ahead. In the past, I used to unconsciously turn the steering wheel to make the move on the green light but that day I simply could not do that. It took me a moment to consciously make that turn while the thought kept occurring in my mind....
A GO SIGNAL DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN A GO AHEAD!

Either one has to be absolutely sure of the pathway or pay close attention to where one is 
headed or else disaster may occur!


No comments:

Post a Comment