Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Miserable People!

I never knew that they existed till much later in life. May be I was lucky enough or maybe I grew up in a very protected, loving environment, but its a fact that I had no experience in dealings with unhappy people. I was caught quite off guard when I met them after I stepped into my practical life. At first I could not figure out why they were so unhappy. To me, they were blessed with a lot in their lives. They had many things that people could only wish for, yet they were not satisfied at all. 

In my inexperienced ways, I tried to change them. I remember making a fool of myself as I tried to make them count the blessings in their lives. The futility of my own efforts bewildered me and infuriated them. I could not understand why there was no happiness in their hearts, homes or lives. When I tried talking to them, they gave me various reasons which were all lame excuses.

Yes, they were all excuses for not being happy because I finally understood what their real problem was! They were rigid, uncompromising people. They were miserable because they were not going to give room to anyone in their lives. They had closed their hearts tight shut like windowless prisons where no ray of sunshine could ever reach to bring the joy of happiness. Yes, they laughed, but only at the fulfillment of their own selfish desires. It was a hollow laughter and the echo of this empty sound terrified them. They hated everyone else. This hatred filled their hearts, crept into their homes and spilled over to their lives. They dwelled in the darkness of their own hate for others. They spent lifetimes plotting and ill wishing others. The success, achievement and happiness of others brought misery to them. They were willing to spend every waking moment in the misery but were unwilling to make any compromises, because a compromise meant compassion for others, of which they had none.

No comments:

Post a Comment