Friday, September 20, 2013

I ask!

I raised my hands to ask ..
The heart started interrogating...
What are you going to ask?
Have you counted what you have received so far?
Have you given account of all the favors?
Have you even acknowledged all that you got?
What more do you want?
Each passing time is more..
Each breathing moment is more...
Each ticking second is more...
You got more time, more breath, more seconds...
More chance, more opportunity, more shot...
To:
Correct your ways!
Turn to your Lord...
Ask forgiveness, ask His mercy, ask His benevolence,
Ask His help, ask His support, ask His generosity,
Ask His leniency, ask His compassion, ask His grace...
I realized how small my hands were and how long the never ending list was!
But my heart also knows that
He gives without asking and multiplies on request.
He grants without account and increases on gratitude.
He bestows without merit and showers on effort.
He confers without discrimination and pours on deeds...
He is the most Merciful, most Kind, most Generous, most forgiving...
Hence,
With my tiny hands outstretched,
And full faith in my heart,
I ask and I ask and I ask ....
 O my Lord, O Almighty,
Give us, grant us, bestow upon us, confer upon us...
The best from your endless wealth of bounties.
Ameen 

1 comment:

  1. Thank You SK. I'm glad you liked it.
    May Almighty grant you every wish your heart desires.

    ReplyDelete