Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's Full Moon Once Again!

It's Full Moon once again!
I look outside my window and am mesmerized.
Everything outside is engulfed in a pure serene whiteness.
The thick foliage on tall oak and maple trees in my backyard remind me of intricate designs carved in ancient palaces. 
The distant hills, standing tall with their proud peaks appear in awe of the silver disk shining so brightly in that partially cloudy sky.
Clouds are scattered around the majestic beauty like devoted slaves.
The imposing Moon is gleaming high above in the sky indifferent to all earthly subjects.
It's rays illuminating and touching everything in their path.
There is a calm quietness that speaks to the souls.
I am mesmerized!
I listen, it says...
The moon never discriminates between gender, color, age, race or creed.
It's beauty is a thing of enjoyment, free for all!
It embraces everyone alike.
It caresses each tenderly.
It's Nature!
It's Creator's blessing like everything else.
It's created for us, not vice versa!
I look at the moon once again.
It's nothing but a barren rock!
There is no beauty there if you land on its surface.
It appears beautiful from far away, shining in the borrowed light of Sun!
And yet it is kind and gentle.
It's not cruel!
It's us human who cannot help smearing its beauty!
We have to hide our own downfalls....by blaming others...
So we create legends!
We attempt to mix fear with tranquility...
We propagate myths about vampires, ware wolves and stalkers.
I look at the compelling sight all around and realize,
Humans may do whatever they want!
They won't be able to tarnish her shine.
Nature will smile at their futile tries.
I look around and I marvel!
Its Nature at her best!
She's showing me her power!
She's reminding me to be mindful, 
be respectful!
And be humble.
She's pointing out the vulnerability of humans.
It's calling me to my origins, my roots, my beginning.
It's telling me to be myself!
Be Human!

No comments:

Post a Comment