Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Wish....

I get sad when I don't get what I want but the truth is that getting my wish come true scares me a lot. It's not that I don't get happy or not enjoy it. I thoroughly enjoy my blessings but with a lot of apprehension in my heart. The root cause of this mixed emotion is my faith. I love my faith....I have full faith in the most merciful God.

I don't feel let down when I don't get what I want because I know that He is watching over me. He knows what's best for me and He has something better in store for denying me my want. 

I get scared when I get my wish because I know that I will be held accountable for it. It is a favor from my Lord and a responsibility. Getting what I want points out that the light is on me! Although, He is never negligent of us as He is all knowing but now I'm more in focus! Just like a person becomes more visible as he climbs higher up, same way, a person becomes prominent when showered by God's favors. His actions, reactions, conduct and behavior are more eligible for scrutiny. The realization of my own shortcomings scare me. I have no doubt in my God's mercy, it's my own self I'm scared of. I'm afraid of forgetting to thank Him enough in the moment. I'm scared of being not responsible enough to handle the blessings properly.

This does not mean that I should stop wishing. Wishing is my right and mandatory to show my servitude to my Lord. It reflects upon my  belief that only He can give me. Life is a gift from Him but it is also a trial. There is trial in failure and success of one's wishing. It's a trial of faith. When nothing makes sense and despair approaches with it's poisonous fangs, only faith can save us from plunging deep down in the dark pits of depression. It's not easy! But then who ever said life was easy? 

Sometimes life does not make sense. It does not have to make sense, because faith gives one the satisfaction that there is a higher power that's keeping account of all and will make fair judgement. His justice is not blind because He sees it all. The knowledge that not all accounts are settled in this lifetime but are mainly balanced later on, lends the peace one requires to carry on in turbulent times.

The tougher trial is when someone is granted the wishes! This is a trial most humans fail. It's easier to forget the Creator in the moment of achievement. It is when the strength of faith is really tried! Civilizations, empires and kingdoms fell when success went to their heads. Nations were replaced when they became arrogant in their glory and forgot the trial, forgot that God is favoring them and putting the spotlight on them. It's a moment of humility, not of pride! 

Our trial is to hold on to faith. Remember The Lord at every moment. Turn to him when down and more diligently when up. Never forget our beginnings and end. Keep wishing as it is our duty but be mindful of what we wish for while always counting our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment