Monday, September 23, 2013

The Vanity!


     I saw her bending over and felt like a crystal glass had just slipped through my fingers and shattered to those million tiny little pieces that can never be pieced back together. I had a déjà vu feeling mixed with a sense of irreplaceable loss. With a sadness  I realized that I was not really surprised at the surprise. 
I looked at the figure bending over in front of me and tried to recall all the reasons for which I had put her up on that pedestal in my thoughts from where she had taken a plunge in this past instant!

     I had met her a few months back and she had won my heart over with all her finesse, manners, and talk of humanity. She had come across as a genuine person with her merry go round nature. She seemed like a compassionate person with her easy ability to laugh and cry at the smallest of things. I admired her artistic taste and friendly nature. Now, looking at her bent back, I felt a stab near my own heart trying not to feel this much hurt. Was I disappointed in her or my own judgement? I pondered! 

     We had gone to visit our mutual friend who had just moved into her just finished grand new house. Our mutual friend was giving us a tour of her mini mansion. My friend started talking about the time she had built her own house and reminiscing the experience. She started emphasizing the importance of quality and brand names. With an air of ostentation, she stated a brand name that she had used in her own house and bend over to check the brand name carved at the bottom of the tap in the bathroom sink of our mutual friend. I wanted to stop her but failed to even make a move. she bent over and my illusion fell, like a crystal glass slipped through my fingers and shattered into those million little tiny pieces that can never be pieced back together.


Written on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment