Saturday, September 28, 2013

It was thus DECREED!


Someone once asked me if I have ever wondered what my life would have been if I had made different decisions or actions. At other times, I have been asked if I wished my life to be different.

I told them. NO.
I have this firm belief that no matter what decision I might have made or what course of action I may have taken, my life would have run the same course, on the same pattern because it is not me who is making those decisions. Someone else is pulling the strings.

One might try what one can! If God does not want one to have it easy, nothing will go right. But if God wants to bless someone, nothing can hinder that. All the hurdles will start disappearing!


In my case, I had to lead a difficult life....so I did.

I often think about this movie whose songs I love!

Safar (journey)

I love this movie I watched as a teenager a long time ago.
The hero finds out that he has cancer. He makes arrangements for the heroine to marry a wealthy man who loves her. The hero and heroine have never expressed their feelings to each other but they were neighbors and they had old friendship. Heroine feels let down but realizing he wants her to marry, marries the other guy who dots on her. They have a good marriage. The hero distances himself from them. He does not want her to know the reason why he did not marry her.

One day the husband finds a letter in his wife's closet by accident. Letter is addressed to the hero and reads that she is unhappy, cannot stay in that house another day. In the letter she also asks the hero that she is willing to run away with him, so he just need to tell her the day and time.

The husbands is heart broken that his wife feels that way and is not loyal to him.
What he does not know or gives his wife a chance to explain is this...

The letter was written by the hero way before their marriage, even before he learnt about his illness. He wrote this letter as a practical joke to get her in trouble with her family. Since she had feelings for him, she did not rip the letter after the joke was over and put it in her keepsake box where her husband found it years later and thought that she wrote it recently.

The husband leaves her.
Years go by....until she meets the hero in a hospital on his death bed.
She had no idea he was ill. He did not know she had led a lonely life. 

Why the story?

Destiny!
He tried to save her from the pain of losing a loved one. He tried to control fate. He thought she would suffer with him but would be safe and happy with a healthy, wealthy guy!

Irony.....she had to undergo the pain of losing a loved one. She had to lead a lonely life. Changing the path did not change the struggles that were decreed for her.

Never waste time wondering what could have been or would have been. Do not get trapped in the vicious cycle of self pity and remorse.
Whatever has been decreed, will happen, no matter what!
So accept your fate and make the best of what destiny brings your way.

You can watch the songs on the following links: 

The hero sings this song after he is diagnosed with cancer.








Translation of the song "Zindagi ka safar" ( Journey of Life)


The journey of life
Which kind of journey is this?
No one could understand, No one could comprehend

Which kind of track is this?
Every body walks on it but
No one could understand, No one could comprehend

We gave a lot of love to life
But we'll also love death with the same loyalty
We came to this world crying
But We will leave this world with a smile
But where will we go? Does any body know?
No one could understand, No one could comprehend 

There are some lifes which we didn't live
We died before we can live those lifes
There are some flowers which didn't bloom
Autumn came before those could blossom

My eyes are worried (I'm in state of distressed), All carers/supporters exhausted
No one could understand, No one could comprehend

The journey of life
Which kind of journey is this?
No one could understand, No one could comprehend



The song husband sings after marriage!

Movie: Safar
Singer: Mukesh
Lyrics by: Indeewar
Music: Kalyanji and Anandji


Translation of the song "Jo Tumko Ho Pasand"  (what you like)

I will speak what you like
If you refer to day as night, I will refer to it as night too
I would have died long ago if I didn't had your company
In my life, all desires are fulfilled by you
I will refer to life as your gift
If you refer to day as night, I will refer to it as night too
I will speak what you like
I will love, obey and praise only you
I will look at you as long as I have vision
I will tell you my hearty feelings
If you refer to day as night, I will refer to it as night too
I will speak what you like

2 comments:

  1. I like ur story..... u chose words beautifully like picking flowers from the garden of language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your sweet words & input Miss Hameed.
      A feedback gives an incentive.

      Delete